At this stage, you need to provide a name for the configuration and fill in the required fields.
Pay close attention when selecting "Android Device policy" in the corresponding DPC field.
Additionally, you can learn how to obtain the JSON for the "DPC extras" field here
The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is an open, vendor-neutral, industry standard application protocol for accessing and maintaining distributed directory information services over an Internet Protocol (IP) network. Directory services play an important role in developing intranet and Internet applications by allowing the sharing of information about users, systems, networks, services, and applications throughout the network.
Applivery implements LDAP both over and not over SSL.
LDAP authentication workflow #
- The user goes to your App Store domain or subdomain.
- The user enters the username and password and clicks CONTINUE button
- If the user is logged in and has the appropriate permissions in Applivery, the user is allowed to access the App Store where will see only the authorized Apps.
Configuring your LDAP server #
Authorizing Applivery IP Address #
Configuring your LDAP integration #
Go to your Organization settings and scroll down until the Login providers section and click the Add login provider > LDAP.
- Server: Must contain the protocol (eg: ldap:// or ldaps://) and the port (eg: 389)
- Bind DN: Credential you are using to authenticate against an LDAP
- Bind password: Password used to connect to LDAP along with Bind DN
- Search base: Defines the starting point for the search in the directory tree.
- Search filter: A field that identifies the username of the user
- Email field: The field that contains the user email address