Type of users
As described into the Main concepts section, there are two types of users you can invite into your App:
- Collaborators: users that will have administrative permissions over your projects (Apps). They have full or limited access to the Dashboard based on their role: Owner, Admin or Developer.
- Employees: represent each end-user that will have access to you Apps. You will be able to customize Employee permissions both on App and Organization levels.
Additionally to the type of user, you might consider the scope of each user you invite to your account because deppending on that, they will have different permissions:
- Organization level users: have global permissions over the total Apps of your Organization.
- App level users: have permissions only over the specific App where the user belongs to.
Adding new users
Now that we have more clarity over the main concepts, let’s invite someone into our Organization or App. Simply go to the “People” section of your Organization or App. Then scroll down until the Collaborators or Employees section (depending on what type of user you want to invite).
Last, type the user email address and the groups associated to that user and click + Add employee or + Add Collaborator
In the case of inviting a New Collaborator, you also have to select the user role from one of the following options:
|Owner||Manages both Admins and Developers.
Administrative permissions over Apps or Organization
Full access to all resources
|Admin||Manages only Developers
Administrative permissions over Apps or Organizations
Full access to all resources except Billing
|Developer||Upload of builds
Basic administrative permissions
Read-only access to: Distribution, Settings
No access to: Billing
|Viewer||Read-only permissions for all resources
No access to: Billing, People, Settings
When you invite someone to join your App (either a Collaborator or Employee), the user will receive an either an email invitation or an email notification. Below you will find the two different scenarios that can take place:
When inviting new collaborators to your project (Apps), there are two possibilities may happen:
- The user will receive an email notification requesting to sign up in Applivery. The registration process will already pre-fill the email address of the user.
- Right after, the user will receive a second email notification to validate the email address.
- The user will be redirected to the login page where will have to enter the email and password chosen during the previous step.
- Last, the user will be redirected into the dashboard to start collaborating into your project. Note that he/she might have to select your organization from the left side menu in order to find the App where he/she has been invited to.
Existing user: your teammate will receive an email notification including a link to the dashboard to access the App. He/she might need to perform a login before accessing the App.
You will be redirected to the list of Builds (probably empty right now). Now click + Upload build button.