App Store User Manual for Android users
Access & Login
Sometimes you will be required to authenticate in order to access to the App Store or a given App. Depending on your organization configuration there will be one or multiple Authentication options:
- Traditional login or LDAP:
Enter your Email or corporate User Name and password. Then click the green “Next” button to proceed.
- Single-Sign On:
If available, a green button with the text “Login with Company Name” will be displayed at the top of the login screen. Click on it and you will be redirected to the Single-Sign On screen where you can securely enter your corporate login credentials.
In case you have lost your password, click the “I forgot my password” link from the Login screen and type your email address in the prompted pop-up. You will receive an email with the instructions to reset your password.
Once inside an App in the App Store:
- Tap the “Install” green button.
- An alert will be shown from the bottom of the screen requesting confirmation to download the APK file. Click “OK” button.
- Once downloaded click “Open“
- An alert will be shown asking if you want to install the App. Click “Install“
- Another alert will be displayed noting that the App has not been recognized by Google Play. Click “INSTALL ANYWAY“.
- Additionally, a third alert could be displayed requesting permission to scan the application through Google Play Protect. We always recommend SEND for scanning.
Unknown sources & Unknown Apps
If “Unknown sources” are disabled in your phone, a new alert will be displayed.
- Click “Settings” button.
- Enable “Allow from this source” check and click back to continue
Add to Home Screen
You can add your organization App Store directly as an standard App in the Home Screen to simplify accessing your company Apps in a faster way.
- Open your organization App Store URL (i.e.: demo.applivery.com) using Google Chrome.
- Tap the “More options” button at the right top bar.
- Select Tap “Add to Home screen” option from the drop down menu.
- Choose a name for the App and click “Add” button.
- Drag & Drop the App icon or tap “Add automatically” button to finish.
You will find your organization App Store added to the Home Screen of your phone. It will remember your login settings and open in full screen mode for a better user experience.
You can access and download all the previous screenshots in high quality from the following link.